homestead - [Homestead] Phoebe loses an eye

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Phoebe loses an eye
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 12:11:44 -0600

My poor blind pet rescue sheep (the one that accidentally did a number on my teeth with her horn last week) had an eye rupture this morning. I've never seen anything like it before. The vet thinks it's from the pathology of whatever has been going on in there, and will be removing the eye this afternoon.

Funny, in my teens, I thought about becoming a vet, but I didn't think I could handle situations like this at the time. Now I realize I have to anyway--and do.

I'm off the the vet!--Sage