homestead - Re: [Homestead] Speaking of Gore

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Speaking of Gore
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 11:17:58 -0500

It's a crock. You do realize that while the public is banned from certain refrigerants in automotive AC's and other uses, the government is not....so every government vehicle can still use the old stuff, which works better. There are still quite a few applications for CFC's/freons that the government reserves for it's own use. Like everything else, it is a do as I say do system..double standard. That they would go after the minuscule amount in an inhaler is asinine.

Lynda wrote:
and what is and isn't necessary to save the earth. I don't generally go in for petition but this one is the exception.

Yes, CFCs are a problem but the amount in asthma inhalers is NOT going to make a dent in the ozone level!

--
“Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda