homestead - Re: [Homestead] Social Groups and Food

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Social Groups and Food
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 17:58:17 -0500

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 5:43 PM, <DSanner106 AT aol.com> wrote:

> You can do a pasta with vegetable etc as well.

Homemade macaroni & cheese (line bottom of pan with saltine crackers), make
spaghetti a bit different by putting it in a 9x13 pan (baked to melt the
cheese on top) and serve like a casserole, homemade chicken or turkey pot
pie in 9x13 pan. For the pot pie: use a large bag of mixed vegetables (or
your make your own) and a cup or two of meat. Add a can of cream of chicken
or mushroom soup. Put in the pan and top w/ biscuits, homemade dough or
store bought. You could make two or three pans if you suspect you'll have a
larger crowd.

We attend pot lucks in Floyd. Everyone brings big portions of inexpensive
food.

Need more ideas? I got 'em. I'm sure others do as well, but they're eating
dinner while I'm waiting on my family to get home.

lkvp