homestead - Re: [Homestead] Here we go again...

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Here we go again...
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:46:33 -0500

The artcle doesn't say how they traced the cow's birth farm. Does anyone know what sort of tracking they use? Maybe they require the farmers to keep good records? I have no problem with that sort of requirement.

And you have to love this sentence:
"This case was detected through the national BSE
surveillance program, which has been highly successful in demonstrating the low level of BSE in Canada."

Do they test every slaughter cow, or do random (very random) testing like the US? Just because they don't find it, doesn't mean it's a low level...maybe like the US, they don't look very hard.

Lynn Wigglesworth

----- Original Message ----- From: "bob ford" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>