homestead - Re: [Homestead] Icahn on the present mess

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Icahn on the present mess
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 06:04:15 -0800 (PST)

I saw Icahn do a long interview ,I believe on CNBC, in the past few weeks.
he said something that I have thought for a long time. He said that many of
the highest paid corporate leaders, investment bankers; and hedge fund
managers are not particularly intelligent. We assume they are bright because
they are very rich working in fields where most are rich.

But, often, it is simply because they went to school where their father went
to school and started at and bank or corporation where therir uncle or a
family friend worked. Much of the "moving up" in banking or corporate
america has more to do with being 'politic' than being smart or creative.
It was a really interesting interview, I don't know where to
locate......bobford