homestead - [Homestead] More on NAIS and the Amish

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] More on NAIS and the Amish
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 22:35:15 -0800

I haven't followed the links in this article, so don't know that much about it. It came to me via folks who are watching NAIS pretty closely.

AND, for those that have dogs, PAWS may have gone by the wayside, NOT! It is now using the acronym PUPS. So PETA, the original PITA, is still pushing to have all dogs under their idea of control, etc.

Lynda

When They Came For the Amish, I Did Nothing Because I Was Not Amish

[Wisconsinites_Against_NAIS] Fw: Nov. article final draft

The Lost People.

Earlier this year my father gave me a book outlining the heritage of
my ancestors, on his mother's side of the family. A beautifully done
collection of photos and history. They even had detailed information
of their Pomeranian origins and the reason for their exodus,
religious persecution. Not an uncommon occurrence in those times, as
this country was, for many, the destination of the oppressed. In an
ironic twist of fate we now have come full circle, with our government
becoming the oppressors of religious freedom. In an incident stemming
from the outbreak of psuedo rabies in Clark Co. where 47 Amish farms
that had their hogs killed, because of two positive tests in Russian
boar pigs, where none of the farmers involved had premise
certification. The Wisc. DATCP took it upon themselves to prosecute
only one of the 44 farmers remaining. Emmanuel Miller Jr. was chosen
for prosecution, having written a letter to the DA Darwin Zwieg,
stating that collectively the group
had decided to leave it up to Zwieg and Judge Jon Counsell to find an
attorney to represent them. In an act of faith reminiscent of Daniel,
the letter indicated that the Amish would trust that God's guidance
would direct them.
Duane Brander, Compliance Officer, acting under orders from Dr.
Paul McGraw DVM head of the animal health division of the Dept of Ag.
determined that forced compliance was necessary. In an effort to make
a landmark case against the religious objections of the Amish and
others. Zweig stated that "the case was filed as a complex
forfeiture." The case is subject to administrative civil procedure,
a Wikipedia search came up to annotated Wisc statutes, that by a
preponderance of the evidence, the defendant must proof innocence.
Although used in other countries, it is for the prosecution of
organized crime. Although the Amish are organized in a communal sense
and certainly can be witnessed at any barn raising, any application
of the word criminal certainly doesn't apply.
However the severe inconvenience of the DATCP personnel, having to
go door to door, to search farms for hogs in the area, deprived of
their ivory towers with air conditioning, their laptops to simply plug
in premise registrations is tantamount of high treason, against the
administrative bodies enforcing Big Ag's corporate agenda.
http://www.wisconsinagconnection.com/story-state.php?Id=1325&yr=2008
http://www.wisconsinagconnection.com/story-state.php?Id=1325&yr=2008
http://www.ftcldf.org/litigation-NAIS.html
http://www.ftcldf.org/litigation-NAIS.html
is the complete case against NAIS, including testimony from Amish
and other religious leaders.
http://www.familyfarmdefenders.org/pmwiki.php/NAIS/ComputerChipsInCattleViolateAmishBeliefs
http://www.familyfarmdefenders.org/pmwiki.php/NAIS/ComputerChipsInCattleViolateAmishBeliefs
is an article that displays the indifference of Farm Bureau to these
religious concerns. Although I agree disease issues are a concern,
they can only be addressed at the source. Farm Bureau, National
Cattlemen's Beef Assn. and other organizations with strong ties to
USDA and government officials, including this states ag committees,
continue to advocate the import of diseased livestock from foreign
countries, wether as willful intent to do harm, or depraved
indifference, the results are the same. Nothing is being done to stem
the source of these diseases. Through the implementation of NAIS,
these organizations will be the beneficiaries of these programs .
While this is certainly cause for concern, the situation has only worsened,
http://www.opednews.com/articles/Don-t-sign-up-for-animal-I-by-Bert-N-Smith-081108-801.html
http://www.opednews.com/articles/Don-t-sign-up-for-animal-I-by-Bert-N-Smith-081108-801.html
is yet another reason to resist premise registration as it grants
warrantless searches, fines and forfeitures, never mentioned by those
promoting the program.
Why implement such a program in the first place, with all these
inherent violations of our personal freedoms? In the end we are
told to follow the money, who will truly benefit from "premises
registration." A look into the definition of this word on an
international basis may give us insight. The answer lies here
http://www.newswithviews.com/brownfield/brownfield59.htm
http://www.newswithviews.com/brownfield/brownfield59.htm
. This will explain where the collateral for our national debt has
been coming from to fund the bailouts.
As I write this it is Veteran's Day, we are reminded to remember our
Veterans. Let us also remember those veterans who with frozen feet
wrapped in rags, crossed that dark valley so long ago to gain us our
freedom. Most of them were Calvinists, here fleeing religious
persecution.
When they came for the Amish, I did nothing because I was not Amish........

Paul-Martin:Griepentrog