homestead - [Homestead] Web Bots, was Re: Snow peas and other stuff

  • From: Rebecca Lewinski <rebas_own AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Web Bots, was Re: Snow peas and other stuff
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 15:13:45 -0800

bob writes:
> What don't you give a brief summary of Mr. Ure's thoughts. I know nothing
> of web bots. I'll say this: when the president , Or, the president-elect
> speaks -- the markets drop.........bobford

on the stock market stuff, there's a lot there and I'd probably misinterpret
it. It's worth going to his site if you're interested in the markets and
some of the finer details, like timing call options and commodities. It's
under the header "What's Paulson Doing Under the TARP? A Grand Unified
theory of What's Next". One interesting tidbit is GE managed to secure FDIC
backing for $139 billion of its debt (with a link to the article there).
Since GE never paid into the FDIC, George notes that it's possible Paulson's
already burned through the bailout money, so other sources are being sought.
Another tidbit is that a broker friend of George's has been saying that when
GE fails, that's when the bottom of the market will be in--and GE is
teetering along in that direction. In the meantime, sometime in late winter
the stage will be set for hyperinflation, which the web bots point to, and
also point to what they call the "summer of hell" for 2009. Probably all the
financial chickens coming home to roost and all of us trying to get through
it with some of us screaming pretty loud at the government (I think now is a
good time to start programming your nearest and dearest to get their gardens
in next spring, brush up their bartering skills, and form their own little
neighborhood/area co-ops. Might come in handy and it's good to be
neighborly).

There was also lot of other talk in George's column today about which
countries are openly admitting they're in recession, various official reports
that have come out that don't fit the statistics, stuff like that. You can
keep scrolling down to see what else George has had to say this week. He
archives each week and starts fresh each Monday. Some of the things recently
talked about here on the list George was
going on about several weeks ago (like the shipping traffic from China slowing
down because of credit issues). He's good at talking about stuff well in
advance of the mainstream media.

Now, about the web bots. George and his cohorts over at HalfPastHuman
published their predictions and hotdates back in February and again in (I
think) August, as they wanted a public record of how accurate their
predictions were (they posted on George's site, on CoasttoCoast AM, and I
also think Jeff Rense). November 14 to the 17th was supposed to be what they
call a "release period", and they reckoned from the information they were
getting that it would be bad news about the stock market (they also predicted
the BIG drop in the markets last month, with bigger drops to come). Anyway,
the web bots are a predictive linguistics program. The Chinese government
uses a much larger form to get a heads-up on stuff, the CDC has just started
using a small version to help pinpoint epidemics at their start. The web
bots, like the Princeton Eggs, work on an idea borrowed from quantum
physics--future events that leave an emotional impression bleed through into
our present. The web bots look for these bleed-throughs by surfing the net,
looking at language shifts and words out of context in public forums, lists,
and bulletin boards. The data is sifted through various algorithms,
annnnnnd....the results sound like fortune cookie sayings. But the HPH guys
have gotten pretty good at figuring out what sort of thing those fortune
cookie sayings might be about (though they blew it on the information they
got in July and August 2001, but they were new at it then. They wanted
market information but kept getting something about military and planes in
buildings). The problem with the web bots is that they can't pinpoint the
"what" of what an event is--they only pick up on dates and people's reactions
to the event via the written word. If it's a big event they might pick up
stuff that's months or even a year or so ahead of the event. Smaller events
don't show up in the web bots until shortly before they transpire. The
global financial meltdown we're heading into started showing up in the web
bots well over a year ago, and the web bots don't show a whole lot of
improvement any time soon.

I do recommend taking time to glance through George's site several times a
week. Most of his site is freely available, with a special weekly report for
subscribers that can cover all sorts of things, from planning your finances,
raising goats, or putting in a solar panel array on the cheap--which he did
on his own place in Texas.

here's the URL again for the daily report (don't put in www or it doesn't
work):
http://urbansurvival.com/week.htm

if that doesn't work, google under George Ure or UrbanSurvival.

have fun exploring his site!

-Rebecca in the great Northwest, where's it's finally fair, breezy, and
flooding in the low areas. Pretty day to be in the garden.