homestead - Re: [Homestead] The Dawning of an Age, the Turning of the Tide

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The Dawning of an Age, the Turning of the Tide
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 08:35:03 EST

> >It is an inexact science simply because the boundaries of the
> constellations have changed in time.

It isn't a science at all and that's what leads astronomist amuck when they
try to deal with astrology. The effect of the constellations on history and
the passing of the year is not literal.

Let me explain another esoteric matter as a way of explanation. How many
planets are there? Seems this last year we changed our mind yet again. But
with
a very naarrow modern mindset, we come to the erroneous conclusion that that
ancients were just ignorant. They viewed the heavens as having seven
"wanderers" (Greek = 'planetoi') Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars. Jupiter,
and Saturn.
The simple explanation is that they were the visible plantets, all they were
capable of seeing. And so they had the erroneous notion that thier movement
influenced what went on on the Earth.

But this is only taking modern science and trying to stretch it over ancient
philosophy which it does not fit. They viewed the universe through a vision
of "seven-ness". There are seven visable planets, seven noble metals, but
there are also seven days of the week, seven deadly sins, seven heavenly
virtures,
etc. etc. And they all correspond to one another. The sun has to do with
gold and also Sunday. The moon with silver but also Monday (Moon's Day).
Etc.

How many elements are there? Modern literal minded chemists chuckle at the
ancient notion of four elements. We know there are around 100, so they were
ignorat, right?

No. The four "elements" have nothing to do with modern chemistry. There are
four cardinal directions, four vital humors, etc. It is a way of viewing the
world as "fourness". The ancients dealt with the element fire, but also
saw a personality type as Sanguine, and saw both as having to do with blood.

By the bye, science now deals with four unexplained forces that seem to hold
the universe together: covalent bonds, electro-valent bonds, strong nuclear,
and weak nuclear which in their characteristics correspond to the four
mystical elements.

So ......

Astrology is essentially a way of viewing the universe as twelve-ness.
Twelve sections of the sky. But also twelve hours of the day, twelve hours
of the
night, twelve months of the year, twelve apostles, etc. The literal
constellations are incidental.