homestead - Re: [Homestead] Braided rug strips

  • From: "Wendy" <crazygardens AT verizon.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Braided rug strips
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 07:38:37 -0500

Try the cutter used for "chenille quilting".

Wendy

This winter, I want to start ripping apart some sheets and other fabric
into strips in preparation for eventually making a braided rag rug.
I know I can cut it and tear, or just cut it, but has anyone ever made a
tool or jig of some sort to make this task less tedious and make the
strips more uniform?

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda