homestead - Re: [Homestead] was mullein: jewelweed

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was mullein: jewelweed
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:53:45 -0500

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 10:20 AM, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:

> http://www.altnature.com/gallery/mullien.htm

I found jewelweed on this site. Thanks for sending the site to the list. I
know about the medicinal properties of many plants and herbs but can't
necessarily identify them, which is frustrating. After looking at a picture
of jewelweed on the site, I can identify it and quickly realized that we
have it on our land and I've walked by it numerous times.

I react badly to poison ivy. The only medicinals that clear it up for me are
a jewelweed product or tea tree oil. I could run out of tea tree oil, but
now will make my own jewelweed remedy. As a note, it says not to use alcohol
as in some people an alcohol-based remedy will cause the poison ivy oils to
spread or worsen.

lkvp