homestead - Re: [Homestead] More inflation - China trillion stimulus

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] More inflation - China trillion stimulus
  • Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 21:57:09 -0500

I don't think the US will go bankrupt,but then, I never took an
economics class and I don't read anything on it. All I know could be
put in a thimble..all I know, I learned right here.
BUT, Russia has been bankrupt, and that's a pretty big place. ;)
The way they have worked their way out is the same way an individual
with any gumption would do it, which is the same way we would have to do
it, and that is through services and expertise. Take their
military...they had to sell off huge numbers of ships and other assets,
reduced their military, BUT, their military expertise in missiles has
paved the way to renewed money to fund other stuff. Russia has missiles
that we supposedly don't have a defense against. I am not sure I buy
that, but as long as they do... Point is, they sold their expertise in
missile, nuclear technology, healthcare, etc. Soon, they were back on
their feet and as formidable as ever. Now, they have the money to build
a new Navy, as what's left of the old one is crumbling, just like ours.
TJ's boat was christened the same year he was born, but, a lot of the
boat is old technology...
My guess is that with China, we have experience in Space, so we would
either barter that expertise or sell it to them outright should they
call in our debt.

Bev

Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:
I keep wondering what things like that mean to this country. Will we
have to have a big nation-wide yard sale to pay off our debt? Will
the government give away states to our creditors? How does the world
deal with a country as large as the US being potentially bankrupt? I
suspect they will just have to suck it up and wait until we dig
ourselves out to get their money back.

Lynn Wigglesworth

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda