homestead - Re: [Homestead] Seed stash

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Seed stash
  • Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 21:22:16 -0500

Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

With only 25 seeds, consider starting them in pots. If you get 25 seedlings, plant them in a 5 x 5 block of plants or you will get very little pollination.

I was going to germinate them in a moist toilet paper roll. I did that once before, putting potting soil in the tube, then standing the tube in a tray. They were easy to transplant that way.. One block, got it.

Thanks for all the info James.

“Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda