homestead - Re: [Homestead] How to end life of pets

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] How to end life of pets
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 15:51:06 -0800 (PST)

Have a vet do it , if at all possible; if it has to be done the old fashioned
way, try to have a friend do it. That is my honest opinion.

I was brought up to believe that a man should shoot his own dog, when the
time came. But, my father could not do that, and he was not close to animals
the way I am. I shot my first dog,as an adult, when I was in my early
twenties. The dog was suffering, it was an unusal situation that I choose
not to go into right now.

I would have a very difficult time putting down this dog; even with a vet
doing it. Unless there is no choice, don't even contemplate. Life is too
damn short ....bobford