homestead - [Homestead] Another wood-fired oven production

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: Homestead <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Another wood-fired oven production
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 06:35:03 -0700

Happened across this cool picture:

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2008/11/02/travel/1102-BURLINGTON_6.html

found the pizza ingredient list interesting, so went to their website and looked at their menu:

http://www.flatbreadhearth.com/flatbreadMenu.shtml

to clarify what sauce they use and then sent ingredient shopping list to Chris and made that pizza last night. We both liked it enough that it is now added to the Heartwood Pizza Menu. Chris has been resistant to trying goat cheese, and at Trader Joe's she selected feta cheese. I chose not to tell her that feta might be from sheep or goat milk. The packaging did not say. As she really liked this pizza, the door is now open.