homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ben Bernanke please send me some green

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ben Bernanke please send me some green
  • Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 09:55:06 -0500

On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 12:26 AM, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I feel the need to say this because mechanics often get a bad rap. Many
> are dishonest, as you know. DH is the most honest mechanic I have ever
> met, and it bothers him when his co-workers are dishonest.

Then the second most honest mechanic lives here in Floyd. He's a Christian
guy, even has a biblical quote on the invoice and sends us a very religious
Christmas card each year with a coupon for a free state car inspection.

In hard times, when we first moved here and our car went kaput, he accepted
faithfully made payments.

What we like most about this person is when he gives us a quote, our bill
has never once been higher than the quote and is often less. When he says
the car will be ready at X hour, it is. In other words, he under promises
and over delivers.

His current rate is $45/hour whereas the Dodge dealership in town charges
$60/hour. I did a mortgage loan several years ago for one of his employees,
and I think he made $8/hour then.

lkvp