homestead - Re: [Homestead] maul handles and chainsaw tools.

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] maul handles and chainsaw tools.
  • Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 08:33:44 -0500

> it says 12.

That is a 12 pound post maul.

> I have some draw knives, too, but I think they are in storage still.,

I have one here in the trailer along with a spoke shave. I have a couple
more in storage.

> maybe the screws can be replaced with useful ones. Or taken out for
> some hack sawing to get a slot into them.

Several people have done that but there is a chance of screwing up the small
needle valve ends. One option would be to shape a small glob of JB Weld on
the head then hog out the plastic to fit but I don't like jury rigging when
the correct approach is available.

> Oh good! what does the head look like? I have a kit of special
> types of hex bits (torx, three bladed with angles) and the like.
> Little chance what's needed would be there though.

It is a small serrated head. I have Torx and other types with me but none
are this type. Now that I have the driver I can see just how different they
are. It is a deliberate attempt by the EPA to keep so called unqualified
people from messing with the adjustments. It ends up being just one more
way for someone else to tell me how to live.

Don Bowen KI6DIU