homestead - Re: [Homestead] McCain now ahead ? Daily Kos. New Poll out

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] McCain now ahead ? Daily Kos. New Poll out
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 23:42:51 -0500

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 11:11 PM, Shepperd <shepperd AT mail2.pvco.net> wrote:

> I see what Blue Dog Buckeye Dem posted on Daily Kos, but don't know
> where he found his data. The Zogby site has this: Obama 50.1%, McCain 43.1%
> http://www.zogby.com/main.htm
> and makes the point that there has been virtually no change for
> several days. A new poll will be posted at 1:00am.

An interesting site for polling is www.fivethirtyeight.com. The
resident expert is a baseball stats guy (he said the Rays would be in
the World Series), and it's fun to listen to him talk about his
methodology for the election (he was on Charlie Rose tonight, which I
haven't watched yet, but I've seen him interviewed a couple of times).
The site has enough info to keep any poll junkie happy for a long time
-- at least until the election.

I'm thinking that in this election the undecided voters are going to
act much differently than undecideds have in the past. After all, is
there anyone here who is undecided? (Well, maybe, as there are
probably lots who never post.)

Marie

Marie