homestead - [Homestead] Guam

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <bgmedia AT ncn.net>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Guam
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 14:14:30 -0400

> (former resident of Illinois, Guam, and California....and now happy where
> I am, thank you very much.)

One year ago I was getting ready to go to Guam to visit. We did not spend
much time there before going on to Saipan where we spent Thanksgiving. We
did see the fancy new Home Depot.

My father was wounded duting the invasion of Guam so one of the stops was to
look at Asan Point where he was hit while cleaning out the caves. He came
home early so was there to celebrate the end of the war by doing what
thousands would do in the coming years, The result was me.

I spent last Thanksgiving on Saipan playing in the water and exploring
Japanese ruins.

I have been a resident of California, Utah, Missouri, Texas, Washington.

Don Bowen KI6DIU