homestead - Re: [Homestead] True????

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] True????
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 11:47:57 EDT

yup,
I agree. I don't see oil shooting back up anytime soon, actually. Demand
is down, and the economy
will not improve greatly for a while. This mirrors most of the world right
now. The oil producing nations will
take what they can get for it, and right now that is less. I am actually
more worried about the 50% drop
in corn and soy beans. The world market is hurting so that too will stay
down. Our family farm passed
down this year, had that happened next year and we faced 45% inheritance tax
we would have lost it. The
lower crop prices mean that banks would not have even loaned the money to us
if we had wanted to mortgage our lives to pay the tax. Dire times ahead.
Another victory for the genetically engineered corporate farms.

Drew

In a message dated 10/28/2008 11:30:48 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,