homestead - Re: [Homestead] True????

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] True????
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 10:44:04 -0400

What would happen if a politician said things like:

"Peak Oil is here, it's now, and there will only be less and more expensive
oil in the future. We must restructure ourselves to a much lower energy
future. We must stop believing that there is a magic crop or place to drill
that allow us to continue our wastefull ways. We must accept the fact that
alternate energy will be more expensive and we must factor in the true
costs."

"We are in debt to the rest of the world. To get that under control we must
all ask less from the government and give more. Cut military spending, cut
spending on the war on drugs, close military bases at home and around the
world, cut spending on pet projects. We must also raise taxes. We must
raise taxes on those who have benefited the most, remove the limit on
payroll taxes, significantly raise taxes on inherited wealth, and close
loopholes that allow companies and individuals to relocate for tax
avoidance."

"We must put our people first. Universal single payer health care is a bare
minimum but with that must come personal responsibility. "For example if
you smoke then you must accept a lower standard of health care and end of
life care."

Oh well, back to the real world about worrying about flag pins.

Don Bowen KI6DIU