homestead - Re: [Homestead] Music

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Music
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 16:42:11 -0500

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 4:10 PM, Lynn Wigglesworth
<lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com> wrote:

> Fortunately our local school system has perennially losing sports teams.
> More people go to the band concerts than the games. My daughter is in
> the Middle School band (percussion); they have a Halloween parade next
> week. I love small town parades.

Hah! My nephew is in his school's band (he plays the sax, I believe).
The band has won state competitions for years, but the sports teams
don't win much. They're pretty durn good (though I've never been able
to see him perform live, I've seen lots of video).

My niece also was in band and is proficient on the flute and, get
this, bagpipes.

Neither of them want either of my late spouses guitars though, and as
Lynda has said those should be played so I've got to find someone who
wants them.

Marie