homestead - Re: [Homestead] Music

  • From: Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Music
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 17:10:05 -0400

rayzentz AT aim.com wrote:
> There is a lot of research out there regarding the connection between
> learning and music, and even arts in general.?? Unfortunately, in our world
> of sports and hyped up heroes, the research is largely ignored by
> educational leaders throughout the country.?? Football is god.

Fortunately our local school system has perennially losing sports teams.
More people go to the band concerts than the games. My daughter is in
the Middle School band (percussion); they have a Halloween parade next
week. I love small town parades.

Lynn Wigglesworth

http://windowslive.com/connect/post/wedowindowslive.spaces.live.com-Blog-cns!20EE04FBC541789!167.entry?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_092008