homestead - Re: [Homestead] Aged ladies

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Aged ladies
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 17:49:56 -0400

My mother had a heart attack two weeks ago and had five stents inserted. The
doctor told her that if she were 15 years younger they would have done open
heart surgery. She is home but complaining that she was told she cannot
bend over. I spoke with her last night and she says she is recovering but
in fits and spurts. She works hard to not lose anything due to age but it
does catch up. She will be 90 in a couple of months.

Her biggest complaint is that she may not be able to make another trip to
Saipan to visit my brother.

Don Bowen KI6DIU