homestead - [Homestead] NYT ratings now "junk"

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] NYT ratings now "junk"
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 13:55:35 -0700 (PDT)

absolutely fitting; other than the 'very little' objective factual reporting
they do, and the occasional cultural or non-mainstream piece, the NYT has
largely become just another big town rag with pseuodo-intellectual writers
who know how to write skillfully, without knowing how to think analytically..

Perhaps , some young people can start a real publication that "reports" facts
again, and has a diverse body of opinion writers. Reading the NYT, I get the
feeling that everyone on the editorial staff spends their evenings in the
same dirty bath water. I don't know why I still glance thru every day. Old
habits, I guess ....bobford

"Shortly after the release of its results, Standard & Poors said it was
lowering the Times's credit rating to "BB-," or junk status, while Moody's
Investors Service said it was placing it on review for possible downgrade.

Moody's changed the rating outlook for the company to negative from stable in
July. A further downgrade would reduce it to junk status."

  • [Homestead] NYT ratings now "junk", bob ford, 10/24/2008