homestead - Re: [Homestead] Music was

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Music was
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 16:39:18 EDT

> >You say this all the time, James.
> Let us hear how you misspent your youth....

It's a long story and the older I get the longer the story gets.

But the essence is this. I could have begun doing what I do for the Caesar's
coin part of my income, and also for the subsistenec part of my income, when
I was 15. I had the resources at my disposal, I had the idea that I wanted
do it, and in every real sense, I had to opportunity .... in every sense but
one.

The family and societal expectations of the times forbade even thinking about
it. Proper people go to college and get professional jobs and make their
mark in the world.

What a load. It was a bad fit all along, as it will be for any free soul.

So obviously I am being facetious when I use the term, but is none the less,
as we say around here, "kidding on the square."

James

  • Re: [Homestead] Music was, Clansgian, 10/24/2008