homestead - Re: [Homestead] Quote of the day

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Quote of the day
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 10:07:25 -0700 (PDT)

Where do I find such land that meets those requirements at the kind of
firesale prices of other real-estate?

I've been looking at the different websites of which I am familiar, and much
of the property has not gone down in price, including pieces I've seen listed
for 6 months to a year.

I'm always looking to buy something better than what I already purchased,
before I actually move and start toiling in place. To me, this kind of real
estate seems to be the only kind selling, today. I would honestly be
interested if you had some suggestions ....bobford

--- On Fri, 10/17/08, Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com> wrote:

I would focus on
> land. It seems
> to me that this is an excellent time to buy a piece of
> homestead land.

Try for abundant water and firewood trees.

Go for low
> taxes, which
> equate to minimal local bureaucracy, which means a high
> level of
> freedom.

Go for a climate with a good growing season.