homestead - Re: [Homestead] Plant ID

  • From: keith bellinger <bartermn AT epix.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Plant ID
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 09:22:21 -0400

Hi Bev,
I took a couple photos this morning of a berry bush in our compost pile, it'd been on my mind for a few years now. Anywho, it led me to this site:

http://www.ubcbotanicalgarden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14191

Which looks similar to your berry, not mine. :(

EarthNSky wrote:
I was looking at acorns today, under a huge white oak tree, when I
noticed some red 'berries' on the ground. They have a rough surface,
not smooth, and are uniformly 1/4" in diameter. They look somewhat like
this red bayberry:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeping/150247200/
But obviously not the bayberry. Inside of this 'berry' the flesh is hard and peach colored.

--
For by your words you will be justified Keith Bellinger
And by your words you will be condemned bartermn AT epix.net