homestead - Re: [Homestead] Insomniacs unite

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Insomniacs unite
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 18:24:40 -0400

You crack me up, Bob.
No room in the LR for a bed. It would not help as furthest room is the bathroom at 30 ft away. The far bedroom, DD's old room, has no bed at present as we are remodeling. I could take a sleeping bag in there, but I am not sure I would sleep any better. Ironically, even with all the problems, I sleep better in the same room with him.
The kids know about the problem, wouldn't be any big deal...in fact DD is also very worried as she has seen the narcolepsy, too. Lynn, while this problem, both the lack of sleep and the daytime narcolepsy isn't helping the marriage, I don't think a divorce is warranted just yet. ;)
DH and I have always been opposite sleepers, too. He goes to bed early, in the quiet, no noise, and I go to bed late, preferably with a radio so I don't think too much. He sleeps on top of the cover, I am buried under it. He sleeps diagonal, I sleep on the freakin edge. I sleep with two pillow, he sleeps on one pillow, if that. We are total opposites. The reason we are remodeling is to join two small bedrooms into one. Then, we will be able to have a king sized bed, something we had years ago in the city, but that we had to give up upon moving here. With a king bed, I think we could peacefully and somniferously co-exist.

Bev

bob ford wrote:
Your childre are grown; put a small bed in the living room. I know a
lot of couples our age who sleep in seperate rooms. My wife sleeps
caty-cornered across a bed, and needs absolute dark and quiet, and
gets up at 6:00 am. I like background noise and get up at 3:30 am.
And , I don't like a cat where I sleep; he is aggravating enough when
I am awake.....bobford

--- On Thu, 10/16/08, Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>