homestead - Re: [Homestead] It depends on whose ox is being gored.

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] It depends on whose ox is being gored.
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 13:55:46 EDT

Everyone, write down your tax and spending plan.

Now send it to the list and ask us to vote for you for Grand
Homesteader of the Year.

Simple,

1.tax freeze to start, covering a year of assessment,
2.Balance the check book and stop making promises
3.Have a really big yard sale
4.Welfare is a stool offering a leg up, not a sofa to rest your butt on
forever,
start rooting out couch potatoes.
5.If ya need to stay home on welfare with your 4 kids, keep 2 more so
someone else
can get back to work. (workfare)
6.Realizing some businesses deserve to fail, let them.
7.Quit fixing what ain't broke.
8.Cap medical lawsuit judgements, then cap medical insurance costs to
doctors and hospitals
, then cap medical costs to consumers, all but lawyers happy. (and that is
ok)
9.If the Govt. funded drug research, pay a bonus on drug, but Govt. owns
patent and can be
produced by any company at market price. (cheap)
10. Foreign relations, be a good neighbor, stay out of feuds, don't camp on
anyone elses land
without asking, clean up our campsite.
11. When the bank account reaches 0, stop writing checks. Actually pay back
loans.

Start new year with a realistic budget, cut or raise taxes accordingly and
openly.

General tips,

treat the states as our children, nurture and support, but never lend them
money. ( no Arnold, you
spent your allowance)
Close 5 law schools a year, before you know it, we won't need so many
government buildings.

In a message dated 10/16/2008 12:45:16 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,