homestead - Re: [Homestead] BEV! BOB BARR interview alert

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] BEV! BOB BARR interview alert
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 13:44:47 -0400

paxamicus AT earthlink.net wrote:
It's "News and Notes". Sorry.

On Oct 14, 2008, at 1:02 PM, paxamicus AT earthlink.net wrote:

NPR is about to interview Bob Barr about 3rd party politics on (I
think) "Tell Me More". I'm going to keep listening and if I'm wrong
about the name of the show, I'll let you know.

Thanks for thinking of me, Moon. I wish I could be convinced that Barr truly was Libertarian. Of all of his faults, he is actually one of the most non-kooky candidates the Party has put forth. He's a smart guy, no doubt, but I don't think he has what it takes-it is the experience factor again as well as a character factor for me. No friend of mine would run for president, so I don't expect him to live up to what I would call a friend, but he is awfully ego-centric for my taste.
Nevertheless, I should vote for the party that matches my philosophy.
--
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" Ronald Reagan