homestead - [Homestead] DIY Solar Powered Jack-o-Lantern

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] DIY Solar Powered Jack-o-Lantern
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 18:23:03 -0700 (PDT)

" In preparation for Halloween, I was looking for a project that I can do
which combines “unpluggedliving” and Halloween. I then thought of doing a
solar powered jack-o-lantern. I think that would be a simple yet cool
project. Definitely, somebody has done this already so I’ld better check
trusty old google for a solar powered jack-o-lantern.

I found 2 DIY solar powered jack-o-lantern projects in instructables.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Solar-Powered-jack-o-lantern/
http://www.instructables.com/id/The-Solar-Powered-Jack-o-Lantern!-yay

The idea is to use one of those solar garden lights and dismantle it to use
the solar cell, battery, and light bulb (usually LEDs). The typical light on
a solar garden light is “white” so it would probably look better if you put

http://www.unpluggedliving.com/diy-solar-powered-jack-o-lantern/

  • [Homestead] DIY Solar Powered Jack-o-Lantern, bob ford, 10/13/2008