homestead - [Homestead] Strawbale & Mud in Texas

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Strawbale & Mud in Texas
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 18:31:37 -0700 (PDT)

Sage, I don't know if this is one of the people you know, Texas is big, so
probably a lot of strawbale builders. I found this on Treehugger.com
...bobford
This strawbale builder is Nick Moser

"In addition to holding out through Hurricane Ike, straw bale homes have
received good reviews with respect to withstanding fires. The natural
materials result in excellent heating and cooling properties. And the
do-it-yourself aspect means you will have a home tailored to your concept of
cool house design."

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2008/10/how-to-straw-bale-house.php