homestead - Re: [Homestead] FRANKS' Feb 99 Walnut trees

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] FRANKS' Feb 99 Walnut trees
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 21:21:44 -0400

On 10/13/08, Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com> wrote:

> I think I remember that post. Wow. It would be nice to hear from
> Frank. Didn't he pop in a year or so ago?

I remember that post as well. I thought he was nuts to plant so many trees,
now I'm surrounded by a forest on 36 acres and completely understand. Darn
AEP cut down our lone persimmon in the go-around before last when they were
clearing trees by power lines (it wasn't very close, but they leveled it
anyway). I was not home and was furious when I came home from work to find
it gone. The previous owner planted that tree and we were learning what to
do and how to eat persimmons.

My goodness but almost 10 years went by fast. Let's try to make the next 10
slow down a bit. Maybe if we collectively try ... ?

lkvp