homestead - Re: [Homestead] Connection speed, was City farming - urban farm

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Connection speed, was City farming - urban farm
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 19:05:17 -0500

My cell phone service works off of a tower rather than a satellite.
You're in hilly country aren't you, Bev. That screws up cell phone
connection. I don't know what technology Europeans are using, but
friends I know who go to Europe are amazed at how much better cell
phone reception and coverage is there. One of our problems is that
every company has its own towers. When I venture too far north into
Mason County (about 40 miles away) there's an area where I get out of
range of AT&T, but Verizon phones work okay. A few miles further north
and AT&T works again.

Marie