homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cob house - legal mess - country side story

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cob house - legal mess - country side story
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 11:01:46 -0700 (PDT)

That's interesting Sage. I knew you were a plant person; I didn't know you
were a builder.

I was interested in the personal side of the story, also. I'm glad those
women were able to find acceptance in their community, I've seen them on tv
or a video somewhere. I think they have actually started making a few
friends.

I like earthbag construction. My fear is that if the engineering isn't
perfect, you could have a collapse of a wall so heavy, the accident would
surely be fatal. There was a real important man in alternative green and
sustainable building, who died when one of his houses fell in. I don't
remember his name, I had several of his books. Gene probably knows of whom
I'm speaking.

I've seen strawbale out here. I'm not fond of stucco, but in most natural
source walls, there isn't much alternative .....bobford