homestead - Re: [Homestead] butterflies & Okra

  • From: SJC <indexer AT localnet.com>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] butterflies & Okra
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 17:48:04 -0400

bob ford wrote:
I just saw my first fall butterfly (the link below is a pic of the exact AZ
butterfly, but it is not my pic) while checking for tomato fruit (still only
a very few tiny green). I cut okra for the third day running, maybe have
enough to make a small okra creole to go with grilled Porterhouse ,
tonight......bobford

http://www.free-nature-animal-butterfly-wallpaper.com/butterfly14.html
Bob, curious: you don't have butterflies in the summer? Too hot? Dry? Or? Never thought about it before. We see few now, and in another couple of weeks, after a hard frost which we still haven't had here, will see none anymore this year. Your little Monarch guy likely on his way to Mexico where they winter. I read the other day it takes 4 hatches to make the trip back as far as Maine.....wonderful.

Susan Jane, who's getting out her yucky clothes and then going downcellar to fish out the SawzAll for the big pumpkin race tomorrow. Went and looked at my team's pumpkin this morning and not sure how we'll do; it's pretty lopsided. :-(