homestead - [Homestead] Snake color

  • From: "Karen L. Black" <karen AT plamondon.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Snake color
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 06:16:10 -0700

Bev writes:

> Speaking of selling, I could not find a buyer for the red rat snake so
as promised, I intend to release him tomorrow. I did take a picture of
him in the dirty little aquarium I put him in, but I noticed that this
morning his color has faded in captivity. His coloration has definitely
muted somewhat, but he is still a very pretty snake. Animals that can
change their color have always fascinated me.

I wonder if you might have found this snake right after a molt? I saw a
garter snake last week that had brilliant bright stripes, which brought it
to mind.

Karen Black
Blodgett, OR