homestead - [Homestead] National Rifle Association endorses McCain

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] National Rifle Association endorses McCain
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 07:39:47 -0700 (PDT)

I have been a Life Member Of the NRA for years. I really do not understand
this endorsement. There are few Republicans that the NRA has seemed ,over
the years, to dislike more than McCain. He has been on the cover of my
monthly mag more than once, and it has not been favorable. While he isn't
Chuck Schumer, he is certainly not a good friend to the freedom of gun
ownership.

The reasons that he ,personally, doesn't own guns is his private business. I
believe its probably related to war and war injuries (he couldn't lift a long
gun horizontal). But, he is as much in favor of more restrictive sales (Fed.
Law application, including sporting gun shows, which will have many
un-intended consequence) as is Obama.

With a Democrat congress , expect more laws to be added to the existing
tens of thousans of current laws, concerning natural & second ammendment
rights. If I could get my money back, I'd leave the NRA. They have become
too blasted mainstream. Watch, Obama will join the NRA , next (and if his
poll numbers slip, maybe next week <g> ) ...bobford

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081009/ap_on_el_pr/nra_mccain

  • [Homestead] National Rifle Association endorses McCain, bob ford, 10/09/2008