homestead - Re: [Homestead] Home mortgages bailout

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Home mortgages bailout
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 06:19:17 -0700 (PDT)

Gene, you refer to McCain as " a Conservative of the first rank proposing to
bail out the people who purchased homes they could not afford."

McCain is not a "conservative of the first rank". many conservatives would
say he isn't really even conservative. He has been called "RINO" for years.
That is one of the reasons that I don't think it much matters
which candiddate is elected. For this election, McCain has been forced to
portray himself as something that he isn't.

Now, McCain 'is' a "hawk" , when it comes to war. Obama portrays himself as
a "dove". We'll see how long that label is valid.

I don't consider myself conservative, except in the principle of liberty, and
some of the conservatives have tried to be of help there. If McCain had been
elected , liberals would have been pleased, and conservatives would have been
p*ssed , once they saw his governance.

Except in matters of war, there is not a lot of difference McCain and a
middle of the road Democrat. You never had anything about which to worry
with this election. You were guarenteed a win .........bobford