homestead - Re: [Homestead] Destruction of America from within

  • From: Bunjov AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Destruction of America from within
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 08:26:51 EDT

>Seems to me the reconstruction starts with each of us being more
>respectful of each other.

This is a given.

I don't know if I want to think about it as a reconstruction, though. More
as an ongoing construction - and a defense.

Little by little our rights are being chipped away, and we don't notice
because we're distracted by issues brought into play by the media (strings
being
pulled from behind the scenes), and - by the time we open our eyes - the
deal is done and we're father down the rabbit hole.

The term 'underground' keeps coming to mind. But, delicious as that term is,
I would now say that we need to not hide - get right IN THEIR FACE - and
hark back to the self-sustaining, community-based, regional people we're
supposed to be.

Does this leave out the global-economy concept? Well, yeah. I am a total
regionalist, but time marches on, and I have to get real. I have a
hemispheric
problem, and I would just love it if we - and Canada and Mexico - could just
be
'partners', and subsist on all our common goods and services. We could do
it, but it's too late.
I fault Marco Polo (heh).

I guess I'm just leading up to the concept of greed, It is what was, always
has been, and always will be, our downfall.

Sandy
Mid-Mojave

In a message dated 10/8/2008 3:48:56 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
genegerue AT ruralize.com writes:

On Oct 7, 2008, at 11:38 PM, EarthNSky wrote:

> . . . I recall someone
> saying that the Russians won't destroy America with nukes, we will be
> infiltrated and destroyed by idealists who don't know where to draw
> the
> line. We will destroy ourselves with our own liberal ideas.

We are destroying ourselves from within right now. But, "with our own
liberal ideas?" Right now it looks like conservative ideas--
deregulation and socializing big business--are destroying our economy.
Right now, after eight years of a conservative in the Oval Office, we
at each other's throats with hateful words.