homestead - Re: [Homestead] Assorted things indeed

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Assorted things indeed
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 20:49:54 -0400

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 8:02 PM, Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com> wrote:

> Thank you Bob, Bev, Ray, Van Dell and Lisa, who gave reassuring info.
>
> Ethan William Crawford has arrived. He does have some issues. Mother
> goes home tomorrow. Ethan will stay in the hospital for one to two
> weeks while he figures out how he likes things in the bright, dry world.

You're welcome.

Hearty and healthy Congratulations to master Ethan and your family. His
issues will be resolved, though it's a naturally unnerving for all concerned
to have him in the hospital longer than usual. Remember, too, that liability
issues being what they are, doctors are ultra cautious - and with your
newborn or new grandson, you're glad they're watching over him.

The light blanket I referred to was literally a blanket filled with light
bulbs of some sort, with holes poked in the blanket throughout. The
technology has probably improved. Back then, our newborn was wrapped in that
contraption for 24+ hours in the hospital and we took turns staying near
him. Reminds me that we had a picture taken of him on our light pink bed
sheets (our bed - at the time), and our infant son still looked
yellow-orange by comparison a few days after the blanket gizmo.

Lisa