homestead - [Homestead] Credit Crunch??

  • From: Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Credit Crunch??
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 08:16:01 -0400

All this talk about a credit crunch got me wondering. I called my credit
card company (Chase) yesterday, and asked about the Convenience Checks
they are always sending me...are they still good? Will they honor them?

They not only honor them, but offered to raise my credit line so I could
borrow more, and to have the money instantly deposited in my checking
account. Hmmm...I'm unemployed and have a pathetically low income...one
look would show that I couldn't afford to pay it back, yet they would be
happy to loan me whatever I want. Credit crunch? What credit crunch?
Have these banks learned nothing?

Lynn Wigglesworth