homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bailout bill and politicians

  • From: Akka Homestead <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bailout bill and politicians
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 19:44:47 -0700 (PDT)

Johnathan Livingston wrote:
> So they did it.  The U. S. Senate voted in the bailout bill. They two
> parties had to split the number necessary to pass the bill.  Each
> agreeing to put up a portion of the necessary votes.  This allowed
> each party to protect their vulnerable members from voting yes for
> the bill. These are our representatives?  Voting for a bill that they
> know the majority of the people do not want.  Rigging a deal so as to
> allow protection of those we the people can vote out in the next
> election.  I feel used.  I feel dirty.  I feel I am an American
> powerless in my own country. We have an economy based on usery.  We
> had a chance to make the correction but we chose to continue with the
> fraud.  Our children will pay for it.  May our politicians rot in
> hell. John

First, I love Legolas, who doesn't, and Orlando Bloom is HOT, perfect
casting  But why are you legolas instead of Seagull?.
Second, yeah, I knew it would pass.  The notion that the people are
represented is an illusion.
In my lifetime, it is the first time I've ever felt like revolting.  It
pisses me off that our representative government only represents the
PACs, the wealthy, and special interest groups.  Then, their excuse is
that we are just common people who can't understand the complexities of
the plan...Horse hockey.  I'll bet more than half of the Senators did
not read it in its entirety.  I seems radical, especially for someone as
generally patriotic as I am, but I am right there with you, John.  If the
American people let this fly, it will send a message to the powers that be
that their work of dumbing us down is finished.