homestead - [Homestead] Mother Earth -- Bail-out Green Energy

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Mother Earth -- Bail-out Green Energy
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 21:33:18 -0700 (PDT)

Short piece from Mother Earth News. I don't know if the people they quote
are legit or if they are radical hippie freaks. Over the years I've learned
to pretty much ignore MEN political stuff. But, I do like the thrust of this
argument ....bobford

A New Way of Looking At the Bailout
9/26/2008 4:53:35 PM
By Aly Van Dyke

Tags: bailout, green investment, green jobs
While the Senate wrestles to construct some kind of utilitarian financial
bailout, economists and political activists have moved out of the Wall Street
box – and into the green house.

With one-seventh the money it looks like it will take to bail out the economy
(so $100 billion), an investment in green power would produce nearly twice
the amount of jobs as the mortgage bailout would.

http://www.motherearthnews.com/Energy-Matters/Green-Jobs-Economic-Bailout.aspx?blogid=1500

  • [Homestead] Mother Earth -- Bail-out Green Energy, bob ford, 09/30/2008