homestead - [Homestead] Fat in the diet

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Fat in the diet
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 16:29:21 -0500

Interesting how you start talking about a subject, and you see pieces about
it:
http://www.salon.com/mwt/food/eat_drink/2008/09/25/jennifer_mclagan/

I don't think most of us are as distant from cooking as the audience
the piece addresses, but the book looks to be interesting. I've always
used butter, rather than margarine, but for making pies and other
pastry it's hard to come by lard if you don't butcher your own pigs
(or even have one butchered for you). Perhaps I should inquire at the
local butcher shops.

Marie

  • [Homestead] Fat in the diet, Marie McHarry, 09/27/2008