homestead - Re: [Homestead] Substitution

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Substitution
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 08:51:55 EDT

> >I don't agree with her politics, but you have to admire a woman who can
> gut a moose. She's the most 'real' person I've ever seen in national
> politics. I'd like her as a neighbor, but won't vote for her.

I won't vote for her either because this current debacle underscores so
emphatically that third (and fourth and fifth) parties have to start
somewhere.
Now is the time for that because it makes so little difference who gets
elected
this time.

But of the four dramatis personae, it is telling that everyone sees that
Palin would make the best (or only feasible) homesteader. What it points out
is
that Palin is the only one of them that is different in any material way. I
mentioned the 'tinkle down theory' in another post. None of the other three
have had any dirt-under-the-fingernails experience that would show them that
none
of this tinkling ever reaches the bottom. Palin, having besoiled herself in
the real world doing real work, is the only one who has experienced anything
different. And *that's* the experience that counts this time.

However it doesn't count as much as birthing a feasible third (or more)
party. I detest the Greens, but I am wishing them hearty success. The
dialog they
bring to the table has much more tro do with the real world than anything the
Republicrats have brought in many a year now.

Somebody starts somewhere. Someone lays the axe to the roots of the first
tree, even though the forest will remain unabated after the effort ..... this
time. My vote will be a swing of that axe, and by the powers, it will feel
good.
</HTML>