homestead - Re: [Homestead] politics- was We're from the government; trust us

  • From: Akka Homestead <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] politics- was We're from the government; trust us
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 19:16:37 -0700 (PDT)

Marie McHarry wrote:

> I agree. Plus, I think something is  seriously wrong with John McCain.
> He nearly came uunglued last week. And then there was the interview
> with the Spanish reporter during which he appeared to be unclear that
> Spain is in Europe.

Wow.  I hadn't heard that, but googled it and all I can say is wow.
That pretty much ends this mess, doesn't it?  I can't imagine how they could
spin this so that it doesn't affect the vote.  Thank you for bringing this
up. This is serious.

> So....while we're trying to pull ourselves back together, it would be
> really nice to have a president who doesn't want to start a war with
> every country that annoys him. As far as I can tell, McCain can't
> imagine a disagreement between nations that isn't best settled by
> force of arms.

Forget McCain. He's history now.  But be aware that Obama might not be much
of an improvement over Bush in the 'war' category.  He's said he would send
more troops to Afghanistan, go to war with Iran to prevent their acquisition
of nukes, send troops to Darfur, invade Pakistan to go after Bin Laden, etc.
I was kind of shocked to read all that, actually.  I got that from
http://www.ontheissues.org/Barack_Obama.htm
Interesting reading, not just for O-man, but for all the candidates, even the
ones no one has heard of...

Akka