homestead - Re: [Homestead] politics- was We're from the government; trust us

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] politics- was We're from the government; trust us
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 20:40:45 -0500

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 7:56 PM, Rob <becida AT comcast.net> wrote:

> The only thing I KNOW FOR SURE is that the Republicans are doing us
> wrong and they have to go and a third party will not do it this election.
> If the Democrats turned out to be just as bad would I be
> disappointed? Yes. Surprised? No.
> The Republicans have to go.

I agree. Plus, I think something is seriously wrong with John McCain.
He nearly came uunglued last week. And then there was the interview
with the Spanish reporter during which he appeared to be unclear that
Spain is in Europe. Maybe he's got early Alzheimer's, maybe the
melanoma has finally hit his brain. Whatever, some responsible person
should pack him off for a few days of rest and a serious physical.
Most people here seem to be of the opinion that the economy is in
deepest doodoo, and I can't argue with that.

So....while we're trying to pull ourselves back together, it would be
really nice to have a president who doesn't want to start a war with
every country that annoys him. As far as I can tell, McCain can't
imagine a disagreement between nations that isn't best settled by
force of arms. You'd think that as a former military man, he'd
understand that you need troops to fight wars, especially if you have
two or three or maybe four of them.

Marie