homestead - Re: [Homestead] We're from the government; trust us

  • From: Akka Homestead <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] We're from the government; trust us
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 15:13:11 -0700 (PDT)

> After nearly eight years, the phrase "trust us" no longer works.

That's a short memory.  It's been going on longer than that! Many of us have
felt this frustration for decades.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from
the government and I'm here to help.'    Ronald Reagan

So you can say it goes back before the days of Raygun, because the sentiment
had to have appeared before the joke.  Post Ike,Katrina and 911, we are way
past joking now.  Now, it's dead seriousness.

Perhaps that explains the difference....some of us have been disgusted with
administration after administration-GOP and Dems, they all look the same..so
we have turned to third parties.  Perhaps some people are just now reaching
their disgust with one party, but still have hope for the other.  Perhaps you
just haven't traveled as far down the road in your disgust.  If Obama wins,
and doesn't meet your expectations, and the Dems do no better, then maybe,
just maybe, some of you who are willing to vote out the Republicans at all
costs might consider voting third party.

Akka