homestead - Re: [Homestead] Rare Viking-era shield found in Denmark

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Rare Viking-era shield found in Denmark
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 18:17:36 -0400

No, I have a different version of events.
First, for those who were not familiar, the first part of this page has a cool picture and some background:
http://www.netlabs.net/~osan/Mastermyr/
DH's grandparents were from Gotland, so I am guessing that this belonged to his ancestors. That being said, probably it was more like:

Man leaves tools laying about near the hearth.
Wife gets pissed, picks up the tools and tool box, and walks out to the pond and tosses the tools in anger...
Then you have..
Helga, have you seen my tools?
No, Olaf.
Are you sure?
Ja, they are probably right where you left them.

:)

Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

My favorite Viking era find is still the Matermyr tool chest.

Don't you just know this happened 1000 years ago:

"Olaf!"
"Yes, Dad?"
"Where did you put my tools?"
"I haven't had them."
"Well, somebody has! There not here.."
"Wasn't me, Dad."
"By Odhin, I've told you to put the tools back when you use them ..."
"But, Dad!" </HTML>